Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New ticker!

Check out the new ticker at the top of the page. I've never used one of these before, but I see people use them on the various baby/pregnancy related websites so I thought I would try one out here. Pretty cute, don't you think? And it kind of looks like the babies have red hair, which we are all rooting for.

I'm sure everyone knows by now, but I'm knocked up with my sister and Dave's babies! I'm very happy to be an auntie and help grow the Rasmussen-Vissman family. We are all very excited that the babies are doing well and growing like crazy. On our last ultrasound we found out that baby "A" is probably a boy. It was still a little early to tell, but we saw some VERY male looking parts! Hopefully we will get a confirmation in the next month or so. One thing I know for sure is that both babies are completely adorable - I can't wait to see their sweet faces.

I'm feeling pretty good -I just entered the second trimester and am hoping to leave some of the first trimester yuckiness behind. The morning sickness has decreased dramatically - thank goodness and I even feel a bit more energetic. I don't want to jinx myself, but I think I've turned a corner. Now I hope to just watch my belly expand more and more and enjoy this comfortable time before I turn into a bus.

Curtis doesn't really understand what is happening, but he knows he has to be careful with mommy because she has babies in her belly. That doesn't stop him from jumping on me and stomping on my stomach. Luckily the twins are pretty well protected in my uterus. According to him I have anywhere from 5-8 babies. And he has "big boys" in his belly. We have been talking about babies a lot and he likes to play baby and have me wrap him up in a blanket. Then he tells me "You baby! You cry!" so he can bring me his stuffed lion and his blankie. It's pretty adorable. It's going to be fun to see how he reacts to me getting really big. I can't wait for him to be able to feel the babies move.

No comments: