Thursday, August 30, 2012

How are the kids? The kids are alright.


First off - new blog name? What do you think? It's been long overdue for a new name.  Although I love the Good Boy Blog - we have to make room for little b b marie too.  So our initials sound good together.  I don't know - maybe it will change.  THEN I started messing with the format and I can't get it back to the way it was before, so there you have it.

Also, I'm happy to report that Kindergarten is going very well. We are getting into a routine and it feels more normal. We all have to be ready to go and out the door earlier, so it's an adjustment. We just have to work on getting to bed on time.  CJ seems to love it from the little information we can get from him.  A big relief for me is that he really likes the school daycare. I think he enjoys all the attention the big kids give him.  Today he brought snack for his kindergarten class which also comes with some cool privileges like being a line leader, hitting a gong (?), and he also got to bring a book to share.  Currently his favorite book in the world that we have to read every night (and I find in bed with him when I check on him before I go to sleep) is:
Alternate title "The Story of Curtis"

Aunt Sally brought this book to him because she knew that this book was written about Curtis. The only difference is the boy in the book is named Peter, so when reading this book you have to change his name to Curtis. UNTIL the point in the story when the main character turns back into a boy, then we have to say Peter because there is no way that Curtis would turn back into a boy. Sheesh.  Anyway, I hope the rest of his class likes the cat book. 

Finally, Betsy Marie is still a super sweet baby.  She eats food now and couldn't be happier about it.  She likes to hold bits of food in her little chubby fists and try to get them into her mouth.  Pretty much everything we have given her she has liked.  It's super fun having a baby who likes to eat!!! I hope she keeps it up.  I love giving food to a kid and having them gobble it up!  She has two bottom teeth now and they are really starting to show.  We are enjoying cute little tooth-y grins.  She sits up and is working really hard on moving her body across the floor.  She can scoot herself backward but hasn't mastered the forward motion yet.  We are all in trouble and about to test out just how baby proofed our house actually is.

 "Hey Betsy, I'm eating a raspberry"

"I don't eat raspberries, I make raspberries"

1 comment:

Raquel said...

Love the new blog and you.